Thursday, July 16, 2009

Holy Sheet ..6-Year-Old Michigan Boy Hits Hole-In-One

























Sports News Story - KVVU Las Vegas

A 6-year-old from Dearborn has made a shot most golfers just dream about -- a hole-in-one."It was just like a lucky shot that you get," Braeden Furlow told WDIV-TV.Furlow had only played golf three times before he hit the links at The Heathlands in Onekama with his parents on July 6."I was at the Heathlands and I hit the ball, the golf ball," Braeden said. "It went tumbling down the fairway and my dad said 'If this ball goes in it'll be a hole in one'. And then, before he could say 'one' -- bam, it went in."

His father, Travis Furlow, said his son teed up his yellow, SpongeBob SquarePants ball from about 86 yards out and made a solid drive with a 3-wood toward the eighth hole.The ball bounced twice on the fairway before breaking into the hole."Oh my god," said Furlow. "You want to hug your son, right? And you want to be proud of him, which I was. And at some point you go, you've got to be kidding me, he just got a hole-in-one from 86 yards.

It was awesome."Braeden said he started playing golf "sometime when I was about 5 (years old)." Both of his parents play, but neither mom nor dad have hit a shot like that."My dad's been golfing 35 years and never got a hole-in-one," Braeden said.His father tells him he should quit the game while he's ahead.

But Braeden is eager to keep playing and said he thinks he can hit a hole-in-one again."It's awesome," Braeden said.